Retirement timeline for Boomers
Milestones and markers
These days, the road to retirement can be a bumpy ride. And soon it’s going to look like rush hour as Baby Boomers turn 65 at the rate of 10,000 people per day, every day, for the next 17 years. Yet an astonishing 17% of transition Boomers — those 55 to 65 years old — have yet to start saving for retirement, according to a 2012 survey by Allianz Life. Therefore, we’ve created a set of signposts to help these stragglers boost their savings, take advantage of tax breaks and watch out for the curves ahead.
(Story: Mary Beth Franklin)
- Does Vanguard pose a threat to advisers?
- Cybersecurity gets the SEC's attention as agency plans to query advisers on safeguards
- Under Finra proposal, brokerages will be forced to conduct background checks on new brokers
- Average retiree health costs could overtake Social Security benefits
- After big TIAA-CREF-Nuveen deal, boomlet predicted in fund manager mergers