Reporter, Insurance / Retirement Products
Darla Mercado covers life insurance, annuities and retirement products for InvestmentNews, and she's looking for advisers' informed opinions, plus chatter on products and other industry developments.
- New strategy for equity investing during retirement ignites debate
- Advisers help clients prepare for sharp decline in pension benefits
- Last-minute scramble to save on taxes: A couple oldies-but-goodies and a few interesting new ideas
- Harsh tax environment complicates giving
- Variable annuity sellers clamp down on payments to existing contracts
- Portability election emerges as new locus of estate planning
- A little flexibility goes a long way with trusts
- Missouri recognizes same-sex marriage exclusively for tax purposes
- Third quarter lifts insurers' VA businesses
- Could alternatives fit in retirement portfolios?
- New 3.8% surtax means new tax strategies for business owners
- Jackson exempts certain advisers from VA exchange suspension
- Low interest rates threaten universal life insurance policies
- Largest long-term-care insurance sellers go after premium increases
- Tax tips that can lighten a client's 2014 bill
- MassMutual 401(k) suit takes litigation into new territory
- Morningstar upgrades Schwab target date funds
- Best way an adviser can help: Cut up the credit cards
- Stability rules as managed-volatility funds gain record assets
- Lincoln National: Variable annuity sales are up, and there's still room to grow
Explore your opportunities and be informed for your next move.
Dorothy Weaver Founder & CEO, Collins Capital
Liz Ann SondersChief Investment Strategist, Charles Schwab Corp.