Mark Schoeff Jr.
Reporter: Regulatory / SEC / Taxes
Mark Schoeff Jr. covers legislation and regulations affecting investment advisers and brokers and wants to hear from you about how Washington policymakers are influencing your business.
- Axing estate tax gains momentum in House
- Congressman explains why he's trying to stop SEC fiduciary rule
- Can an adviser affiliated with an insurance company be fee only? Yes.
- On 4th anniversary of Dodd-Frank, adviser issues remain unresolved
- Finra creates task force to determine arbitration improvements
- House passes SEC budget with amendment preventing fiduciary efforts
- Republicans reject SEC user-fee amendment to appropriations bill
- Accredited investor standard up for review
- Fiduciary duty rule: No way out
- Maxine Waters, top Democrat on House financial committee, calls for hearing on adviser oversight
- Political battle over 'tax and spend' unfolds in ways that help, hurt advisers
- Stretch IRAs no longer targeted in Senate highway-funding bill
- Florida law allows planners to give insurance advice without insurance company
- Annuity industry pushes SEC for summary prospectus rule
- Limits to stretch IRAs floated to pay for highway repairs
- SEC investor advocate opposes third-party adviser exams
- Insurance industry calls on DOL to allow propriety sales, revenue-sharing in fiduciary rule
- SEC investor advocate calls on Congress to fund more exams
- Variable annuity sales raising concern: Finra official
- Debate still rages over fee-only issue
Explore your opportunities and be informed for your next move.