- Investors are said to be sitting on their hands as they await direction from the Federal Reserve's last meeting of the year. Monthly CPI data also coming this morning
- If and when the Fed starts tapering there are a few stocks that might find some upside opportunities. Watching for a change in sentiment
- Failed 2007 mortgage deal comes back to haunt a former Goldman veep. SEC seeking $1.1 million
- Gold investors are nervously searching for the market's bottom. A 26% drop so far this year
- With 221 initial public offerings completed already, 2013 has become the hottest year for new stock offerings since 2000. IPOs gone wild
- Long-short hedge funds are lagging the markets, but it goes beyond just not having anything to short. Missing the best-performing stocks
- Deutsche Bank gets bullish on 30 stocks. 75% chance the S&P 500 reaches 1850 next year
Investment Insights: The Blogblog
Jeff Benjamin breaks down the game for advisers and clients.
Markets fixate on Fed's final meeting of 2013
Plus: Stocks to buy when Fed tapers, gold investors seek the bottom, IPOs gone wild, and a Deutsche Bank shopping guide
Recommended for you
Sponsored financial news
Senior columnist John Waggoner talks with assistant managing editor Susan Kelly about how hard work, curiosity and passion landed some fund managers on our list.
Latest news & opinion
Commission says a lot of work ahead, public will have 90 days to comment.
Chairman Jay Clayton will initiate momentous action Wednesday, as the commission meets to debate a rule on broker and adviser standards.
Active-share measures for the 15 largest actively traded mutual funds.
Sanford C. Bernstein & Co. analyst Christian Bolu, concerned over stalled adviser growth and what it means for lending and deposit growth, believes the stock will "under perform."
Proliferation of state retirement programs approaching the 'tipping point' where it will lead the federal government to step in.