- Pimco's misreading of the Fed's taper strategy led to record redemptions. Total Return Fund sees biggest loss in nearly two decades
- Gold is setting up for an attractive trade at these levels. Technical indicators
- How ending extended unemployment benefits could drive down the unemployment rate. Dropping out
- ETF industry is on course to overtake the hedge fund industry this year. Surprised it has taken this long
- The U.S. dollar roars into the new year. Anticipating economic growth
- Adding a baby to Obamacare? Good luck with that. Life changes meet bureaucratic red tape
Investment Insights: The Blogblog
Jeff Benjamin breaks down the game for advisers and clients.
How Pimco misread the Fed's tapering plan
Plus: Gold starts to shine, the dollar rallies, ETFs on track to overtake hedge funds, and Obamacare forgot to include an option for adding babies to insurance
Recommended for you
Sponsored financial news
Commission accounts could be preferable for some clients, and advisers could be incentivized to move from employee broker-dealers to independent channels.
Latest news & opinion
Don't expect a simple rollback of rules under the Trump administration in 2018 — instead, regulators are on pace to bolster financial adviser oversight.
Inflation worries, international rates pushing Treasuries yields higher.
A growing number of states are looking to pass rules preventing exploitation of seniors.
The firm said it lost 47 brokers in the fourth quarter, the most in any quarter of 2017.
Improvement reflect firm's shift of more clients into fee-based accounts priced on asset levels, which boosts results as markets rise.