- For more proof that diversification is in the eye of the beholder, a BlackRock report showing portfolio diversification is somewhat ironically described as risk-taking. Note to reader, when the S&P 500 gains more than 32% in a year, moving cash off the sidelines to invest in real estate and hedge funds is smart defense, not aggressive offense. Building better portfolios
- With the SEC now committed to visit a wider variety of financial advisers, this would be a good time to start preparing for such exams. It's still not clear if the commission with have the resources or the energy to go beyond its average of visiting about 9% of the adviser community, but here are some tips to help you prep. Test yourself
- Robo-adviser efforts to crack the code of asset gathering. Tech talk
- As earnings season rolls on, here are nine low-valuation stocks slated to report next week. Potential bump from positive earnings surprises
- For those folks fired up over how much money the federal government is making on the mortgage business, there is at least a show of support for selling Fannie and Freddie. But it's mostly just political bluster. Little chance of being adopted
- The NBA's Sacramento Kings becomes the first pro sports franchise to accept bitcoin. Meanwhile, the Kings can't seem to win at home or on the road, and are clinging to a one-game winning streak. Fans can buy tickets and merchandise with the digital currency
E-Mail this Article
Investment Insights: The Blogblog
Jeff Benjamin breaks down the game for advisers and clients.
Jan 17, 2014 @ 7:54 am
Latest from InvestmentNews
The information entered on this page will not be used to send unsolicited e-mail, and will not be sold to a 3rd party.
REMINDER: This service is for personal use only. For commercial reprints, Web links and e-mailings please contact our Reprint Sales Manager at (732) 723-0569.