- From the Davos Forum: Hedge fund manager admits he loves trading derivatives and that derivatives are bad for society. Umm, thanks? Net negative
- Did Nouriel Roubini just predict a war between China and Japan while drawing parallels between 2014 and 1914? They don't call him Dr. Doom for nothing. The gilded age of inequality
- Ever so slowly, the economy continues to scratch and claw its way toward something that remotely resembles a recovery. Today's data points include home sales, jobless claims, and manufacturing. The expiration of extended benefits for 1.3 million Americans
- Global video surveillance is on the rise, and there are stocks likely to benefit. Expanding into new markets
- Free Wi-Fi at the airport might depend on your definition of 'free,' but I still like the trend. We just need to somehow get those tight-fisted New York-area airports on board. Customers want free Wi-Fi
Investment Insights: The Blogblog
Jeff Benjamin breaks down the game for advisers and clients.
Using derivatives even when they hurt society
Plus: Dr. Doom gets even doomier, more sluggish economic growth, cashing in on video surveillance, and the pros and cons of free airport Wi-Fi
Jan 23, 2014 @ 7:57 am
Latest from InvestmentNews
Get Daily News & Intel
Breaking news and in-depth coverage of essential topics delivered straight to your inbox.
Connect with Us
Like our fan page to receive the latest news and opinion from InvestmentNews.
Subscribe to this RSS feed to receive the latest news and opinion from InvestmentNews.