- Amazon has reported a 20% bump in fourth-quarter sales. Good, but not good enough, and the stock dropped. What's more, the numbers could mean economists should rethink their economic growth forecasts for the year. Amazon's bad omen for the U.S. economy The numbers: Amazon profit trails estimates as holiday delivery costs rise
- Not all the earnings news was bad. Burrito chain Chipotle posted good numbers and the stock promptly took off. Chipotle shares sizzle following red-hot quarter
- The search for Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer's replacement might be over. Microsoft nears end to CEO search The new CEO's task will no doubt be big. Microsoft seen testing insider Nadella's will to revamp
- You know you watch the Super Bowl for the ads. Who doesn't? A sneak peek at the 2014 Super Bowl ads
- And finally....Kung Hei Fat Choi Chinese New Year: Eight things you (probably) didn't know about the year of the horse
Investment Insights: The Blogblog
Jeff Benjamin breaks down the game for advisers and clients.
Breakfast with Benjamin: Amazon's bad omen
Jan 31, 2014 @ 7:12 am
Recommended for you
Sponsored financial news
InvestmentNews editor Frederick P. Gabriel Jr. and reporter Greg Iacurci talk about this week's cover story that looks at whether Fidelity Investments is stepping on the toes of retirement plan advisers.
Latest news & opinion
Screening out weapons companies has limited downside.
The bank did not properly disclose that it was steering asset-management customers into investments that would be profitable for JPMorgan Chase.
Agency failed to tell survivors that they could switch to a higher retirement benefit later.
Brokerage firms would no longer be able to charge reps for supervising nonaffiliated RIAs.
Action of Massachusetts' top regulator shows states can put teeth into a rule under review by the Trump administration.