- Amazon has reported a 20% bump in fourth-quarter sales. Good, but not good enough, and the stock dropped. What's more, the numbers could mean economists should rethink their economic growth forecasts for the year. Amazon's bad omen for the U.S. economy The numbers: Amazon profit trails estimates as holiday delivery costs rise
- Not all the earnings news was bad. Burrito chain Chipotle posted good numbers and the stock promptly took off. Chipotle shares sizzle following red-hot quarter
- The search for Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer's replacement might be over. Microsoft nears end to CEO search The new CEO's task will no doubt be big. Microsoft seen testing insider Nadella's will to revamp
- You know you watch the Super Bowl for the ads. Who doesn't? A sneak peek at the 2014 Super Bowl ads
- And finally....Kung Hei Fat Choi Chinese New Year: Eight things you (probably) didn't know about the year of the horse
Investment Insights: The Blogblog
Jeff Benjamin breaks down the game for advisers and clients.
Breakfast with Benjamin: Amazon's bad omen
Jan 31, 2014 @ 7:12 am
Recommended for you
What's top of mind for advisers today? Tom Sholes of BNY Mellon's Pershing says the huge growth in the RIA space is driving innovation.
Latest news & opinion
For a fifth year, InvestmentNews is proud to shine a spotlight on the amazing accomplishments and potential of top young financial professionals.
The wirehouse's wealth management group announces a fresh look at the ban now that the DOL rule is on the brink of death.
Adhere to enrollment deadlines and distribution rules or pay a hefty penalty.
Justice Department didn't petition the Supreme Court to rehear the case. A mandate from the 5th Circuit would finally lay the fiduciary rule to rest.
The move is intended to cut compliance costs for firms as well as make the registration and disclosure process more efficient.