- Market selloff or not, Fed's taper plans will not be derailed. We'll see what they're saying after this morning's factory orders report and the CBO's economic outlook. Dow is now down 7% from its recent high
- Look out below. Japanese stocks fell more than 4% overnight, which should be a good indication of a rocky day ahead for U.S. markets. But after yesterday's big drop, the futures are up. Some analysts say this kind of pullback is long overdue
- Survivorship bias: Another case for index mutual funds because funds with lousy records get shut down. Taking a closer look at passive funds
- Bank of America interest-rate traders see bonuses cut by 15% as revenues fall at the second-largest U.S. lender. Meanwhile, salaries rise for some managing directors
- Tracking short-sale activity can be a good indicator of when a stock price might start rebounding. Short ratio
Investment Insights: The Blogblog
Jeff Benjamin breaks down the game for advisers and clients.
Breakfast with Benjamin: Fed shrugs off market selloff and sticks to taper plans
Plus: Japanese stocks fell 4% overnight, the case for index funds, BofA rate traders see smaller bonuses, and tracking short sales
Feb 4, 2014 @ 7:33 am
Recommended for you
Sponsored financial news
After attending a financial services conference, advisers can be overwhelmed by options, choices and tools. What's the first thing they should do when they get back to their office?
Latest news & opinion
Legislation would require brokers to act in best interests of clients.
Smartphone apps that advisers are using in 2018 to run their business more efficiently.
Plaintiffs warned the Fifth Circuit that Massachusetts' move against Scottrade signaled that the partially implemented regulation can raise costs for financial firms.
Agency failed to tell survivors that they could switch to a higher retirement benefit later.
As the Boston-based mutual fund giant expands the products and services it brings to the retirement market, some financial advisers say the firm is encroaching on their turf.