- It's jobs report Friday and all eyes are watching. Some estimates call for twice as many new jobs last month than in December. Stock futures are rallying on hopes of a solid report. Stocks rise with S&P 500 futures before jobs
- Ahead of the report, investors continued to pull their money out of stocks and move it to bonds. In a big way. Investors shift record amounts from U.S. stocks to bonds
- Few parts of the U.S. have escaped the cold weather this winter while the Midwest and East Coast have taken the frosty brunt. Aside from higher utility bills and constantly cold hands and feet, the frigid temps could have a more serious impact. Frigid winter spells trouble for U.S. economy
- Apple is working on new products, according to CEO Tim Cook. Whether that means upgrades of existing stuff like iPhones and iPads or a whole new category remains anyone's guess. Tim Cook has a somewhat baffling answer when asked about Apple doing new product categories this year
- Oh, and a memo to Carl Icahn:
Apple buys back $14 billion of shares in two weeks since results
- Competition started Thursday but the opening ceremony is Friday. The Olympics have arrived
Investment Insights: The Blogblog
Jeff Benjamin breaks down the game for advisers and clients.
All eyes on the jobs report as investors pull money from stocks
Feb 7, 2014 @ 7:17 am
Latest from InvestmentNews
Get Daily News & Intel
Breaking news and in-depth coverage of essential topics delivered straight to your inbox.
Connect with Us
Like our fan page to receive the latest news and opinion from InvestmentNews.
Subscribe to this RSS feed to receive the latest news and opinion from InvestmentNews.