- Gold prices are heading toward the biggest weekly advance since October. Call it the taper effect. 3.4% gain since Monday
- Increasingly-popular wide-moat ETF gives investors an easy way to invest like Warren Buffett. MOAT includes 21 companies with deep and wide competitive advantages. Up 1.3% this year
- We might be giving the weather too much credit for the sluggish economic growth. It's cold and snowy, and in other news, it's February. The economics of global cooling
- Venture capitalist Tom Perkins wades into the income inequality debate by suggesting the rich should get more votes than the poor. Yep, he said that out loud in public. ”I intended to be outrageous”
- The case for dressing-up your LinkedIn profile. Even Barack Obama has a complete profile and he already has a job. 260 million users can't be wrong
- Just in time for Valentine's Day, the SEC's employee's union lawyers have successfully overturned a rule banning agency workers from receiving gifts of flowers. Who says union members don't get any benefits from their dues? Nothing says love like the SEC
Investment Insights: The Blogblog
Jeff Benjamin breaks down the game for advisers and clients.
Gold rides high on the taper effect
Plus: Playing smart defense with a wide-moat ETF, blaming cold weather in February, stirring the income inequality pot, why you should complete your LinkedIn profile, and the SEC shows some love
Explore your opportunities and be informed for your next move.
Mary Beth Franklin, InvestmentNews