- Tesla's stock raced ahead about 15% to an all-time high in after-hours trading after the electric carmaker said it hoped to produce 35,000 or so cars this year, a 55% increase from last year. Tesla hits all-time high, wants to deliver 35,000 Model S editions in 2014
Oh, and about that Apple-buying-Tesla rumor: The carmaker's CEO, Elon Musk, said he has had "conversations" with Apple but that an acquisition was "very unlikely" at this time. Tesla CEO confirms 'conversations' with Apple, says any acquisition 'very unlikely'
- Uh-oh? The Fed under new chief Janet Yellen has put an interest rate raise back on the table. At least the idea of one. Fed puts rate increase on the radar
- The joys of being a public company … Facebook's stock dropped after the social media site announced it would pay $16 billion ($4B in cash and $12B in stock) to acquire WhatsApp, a texting service. The real winner was venture cap firm Sequoia Capital. Sequoia's payout in WhatsApp deal could hit $3 billion
- It's not just bitcoin that's captured the interest of some investors. Wealthy investors are taking an interest in rare collectable coins to diversify their portfolio. Flush investors take shine to rare coins
- Who manages your mortgage? As big banks face stricter capital requirements, they're handing off management rights to firms like Ocwen Financial, Nationstar and Mortgage Holdings. Many American homeowners have probably never heard of the company managing their mortgage
E-Mail this Article
Investment Insights: The Blogblog
Jeff Benjamin breaks down the game for advisers and clients.
Feb 20, 2014 @ 7:39 am
Latest from InvestmentNews
The information entered on this page will not be used to send unsolicited e-mail, and will not be sold to a 3rd party.
REMINDER: This service is for personal use only. For commercial reprints, Web links and e-mailings please contact our Reprint Sales Manager at (732) 723-0569.