- In a week filled with important earnings reports and a nervous market, those earnings better not be weak. Minding the volatility index
- We can all rest easy now, because the SEC is planning a sweeping campaign against high-frequency trading. All it took was a book by Michael Lewis to get this thing started. SEC to investors: We got this
- It has not been easy lately for passive investors. When momentum stocks dive
- AA credit ratings are becoming the norm for U.S. companies as downgrades mount. Only three companies still have AAA ratings
- New love for emerging-markets ETFs. Investors pour $4.7 billion into the category in seven days. Speaking of Brazil
- Six companies with great balance sheets that are reporting earnings this week. ABT, INTC, OMC, SLB, SNDK, URI
- One upside of the IRS mess; the odds of being audited this year are lower than they have been in years. Smaller budgets, fewer agents, but at least the service is still lousy
- Swiss unions ride the income-inequality wave and push for $25 minimum wage. Meanwhile, business owners beg higher-wage proponents to take an economics course. World's highest minimum wage
Investment Insights: The Blogblog
Jeff Benjamin breaks down the game for advisers and clients.
Investors turn focus to first-quarter earnings
Plus: The SEC discovers high-frequency trading, momentum takes out passive investors, AAA credit ratings becoming extinct, new love for emerging markets, six stocks to watch this week, overwhelmed at RS, and Swiss vote for the world̵'s highest min wa
Apr 14, 2014 @ 8:02 am
Latest from InvestmentNews
Get Daily News & Intel
Breaking news and in-depth coverage of essential topics delivered straight to your inbox.
Connect with Us
Like our fan page to receive the latest news and opinion from InvestmentNews.
Subscribe to this RSS feed to receive the latest news and opinion from InvestmentNews.