- As the winter weather melts away, economists are starting to see another problem behind a slowing housing market. The short answer is lackluster demand. Early-spring sales season “decidedly tepid”
- U.S. markets will hit the decks running Monday as earnings season picks up where it left off before the Easter weekend. On the docket, Netflix and Kimberly-Clark are scheduled to report. Later this week the market will be looking for the Alibaba IPO. Meanwhile, Ukraine is still simmering
- Contrary to all the fairness noise coming out of the White House, the economic recovery has been setting the table for the rich to keep getting richer. More than 80% of the post-recession rise in household income has been concentrated in the top 20%. Unevenly distributed income gains
- The average stock is more expensive than it was at the dotcom bubble peak, according to Henry Blodget's math. The world according to Henry
- Hedge funds continue to have all the fun. Compared to investment bankers, hedge fund employees get better pay, better hours and much better perks. A well-stocked bar, three meals a day, and an in-house psychiatrist
E-Mail this Article
Investment Insights: The Blogblog
Jeff Benjamin breaks down the game for advisers and clients.
Apr 21, 2014 @ 7:47 am
Latest from InvestmentNews
Get Daily News & Intel
Breaking news and in-depth coverage of essential topics delivered straight to your inbox.
Connect with Us
The information entered on this page will not be used to send unsolicited e-mail, and will not be sold to a 3rd party.
REMINDER: This service is for personal use only. For commercial reprints, Web links and e-mailings please contact our Reprint Sales Manager at (732) 723-0569.
Sponsored by Lincoln Financial Group