- Barclays may be cutting 7,500 jobs as it tries to improve returns in its securities unit. Call it the latest blow to Europe's fixed-income, currencies and commodities business. Under pressure at the U.K.'s second-largest bank
- Meanwhile, Goldman Sachs is ready to pick up the scraps in the commodity-trading business as big-bank competitors walk away. The business gets less competitive
- Income by any means necessary. When the going gets tough, some income investors get esoteric. Investment trusts, convertibles, and loans
- Wall Street is riding high on the latest M&A buzz. A growing list of announced deals
- When the IRS awards itself bonuses, the bar is set low. Apparently, a record of disciplinary actions and even owing back taxes won't prevent an IRS staffer from cashing in come bonus time. In 2012, 68,000 workers got bonuses totaling $86 million
E-Mail this Article
Investment Insights: The Blogblog
Jeff Benjamin breaks down the game for advisers and clients.
Apr 23, 2014 @ 7:54 am
Latest from InvestmentNews
The information entered on this page will not be used to send unsolicited e-mail, and will not be sold to a 3rd party.
REMINDER: This service is for personal use only. For commercial reprints, Web links and e-mailings please contact our Reprint Sales Manager at (732) 723-0569.