- Finra is investigating 170 instances in which brokerages may have used mathematical algorithms to engage in abusive trades. Examples include rapidly placing and then canceling trades to create the illusion of market demand. Waves of equity trades
- Credit Suisse Group AG pleads guilty to U.S. tax evasion and agrees to pay a $2.6 billion penalty. Shares of Switzerland's second-largest bank rose on the news that the three-year investigation is over. Client data could be the next target for U.S. authorities
- A plot twist in how the Fed might be dealing with its oversized $2.6 trillion balance sheet. The stockpile is so large it is going to interfere with the Fed's conventional process for setting short-term interest rates. Institutionalizing what was supposed to be an aberration
- Are U.S. Treasuries better than gold? Vanguard thinks so. Gold is more volatile than stocks, doesn't protect against inflation
- Ten great baseball movies, just in case there's some rain on your Memorial Day weekend plans. Bull Durham, my personal favorite
E-Mail this Article
Investment Insights: The Blogblog
Jeff Benjamin breaks down the game for advisers and clients.
May 20, 2014 @ 7:53 am
Latest from InvestmentNews
Get Daily News & Intel
Breaking news and in-depth coverage of essential topics delivered straight to your inbox.
Connect with Us
The information entered on this page will not be used to send unsolicited e-mail, and will not be sold to a 3rd party.
REMINDER: This service is for personal use only. For commercial reprints, Web links and e-mailings please contact our Reprint Sales Manager at (732) 723-0569.