- It is risk-on across the board and safe-haven gold keeps falling. What happened to the notion of selling in May and going away? A positive tone for investors
- Tech-heavy Nasdaq 100 Index is closing in on a 13-year high. This has the makings of a summer rally for the ages; just don't look down. The index is up 3.9% this month
- Janet Yellen sees the housing slowdown and realizes there is little she can do about it. The Fed can't influence lagging household formation, stingy lenders, and wary borrowers
- Taking a more sophisticated approach to homeownership by measuring home-equity risks against the rest of the portfolio. A house can be as risky as a stock and should be treated that way
- The University of Pennsylvania, where money managers are made. Harvard and Columbia fill out the top three schools spawning portfolio managers. 38% of asset managers hold just a bachelor's degree
- It's nice to see seniors staying active, but 40 or 50 years in Congress seems a little extreme. Power, money and a generally sweet gig proves to be a potent addiction. 90 is the new 70
E-Mail this Article
Investment Insights: The Blogblog
Jeff Benjamin breaks down the game for advisers and clients.
May 28, 2014 @ 7:40 am
Latest from InvestmentNews
The information entered on this page will not be used to send unsolicited e-mail, and will not be sold to a 3rd party.
REMINDER: This service is for personal use only. For commercial reprints, Web links and e-mailings please contact our Reprint Sales Manager at (732) 723-0569.