- What, if anything, the stock market's first half tells us about the second. Slicing and dicing the numbers.
- Big deal: M&A activity reached a seven-year record high thanks to some blockbuster deals, including AT&T's $48.5 billion offer for DirecTV, Comcast's $45 billion offer for Time Warner, and Facebook's $19 billion deal for WhatsApp. Mergers hit a 7-year high, propelled by a series of blockbuster deals.
- After saying he was "proud of our Illinois heritage," Walgreen's chief executive is now considering moving its headquarters to Switzerland, as it looks to lower its tax bill. At Walgreen, renouncing corporate citizenship.
- Time to dump your money manager? 74% of stock pickers lag behind the S&P, according to a video from Yahoo! News.
- A former chief executive of one of the country's largest pension funds plans to cop to allegations of influence-peddling back in 2009 and 2010, according to his attorney. Ex-CalPERS chief to plead guilty.
- While Asia gained some steam in June, Eurozone growth faltered thanks to a slowdown in Germany, the region's driving force. Asian stimulus boosts factories, Eurozone still lags.
Investment Insights: The Blogblog
Jeff Benjamin breaks down the game for advisers and clients.
What the stock market's first half tells us about the second
Plus news on record M&A activity, an ex-CalPERS chief's guilty plea, and the Eurozone's slowdown
Jul 1, 2014 @ 8:33 am
Latest from InvestmentNews
Get Daily News & Intel
Breaking news and in-depth coverage of essential topics delivered straight to your inbox.
Connect with Us
Like our fan page to receive the latest news and opinion from InvestmentNews.
Subscribe to this RSS feed to receive the latest news and opinion from InvestmentNews.