- What, if anything, the stock market's first half tells us about the second. Slicing and dicing the numbers.
- Big deal: M&A activity reached a seven-year record high thanks to some blockbuster deals, including AT&T's $48.5 billion offer for DirecTV, Comcast's $45 billion offer for Time Warner, and Facebook's $19 billion deal for WhatsApp. Mergers hit a 7-year high, propelled by a series of blockbuster deals.
- After saying he was "proud of our Illinois heritage," Walgreen's chief executive is now considering moving its headquarters to Switzerland, as it looks to lower its tax bill. At Walgreen, renouncing corporate citizenship.
- Time to dump your money manager? 74% of stock pickers lag behind the S&P, according to a video from Yahoo! News.
- A former chief executive of one of the country's largest pension funds plans to cop to allegations of influence-peddling back in 2009 and 2010, according to his attorney. Ex-CalPERS chief to plead guilty.
- While Asia gained some steam in June, Eurozone growth faltered thanks to a slowdown in Germany, the region's driving force. Asian stimulus boosts factories, Eurozone still lags.
E-Mail this Article
Investment Insights: The Blogblog
Jeff Benjamin breaks down the game for advisers and clients.
Jul 1, 2014 @ 8:33 am
Latest from InvestmentNews
The information entered on this page will not be used to send unsolicited e-mail, and will not be sold to a 3rd party.
REMINDER: This service is for personal use only. For commercial reprints, Web links and e-mailings please contact our Reprint Sales Manager at (732) 723-0569.