- The Dow hit new highs, but did you miss the ride? Dow flirts with 17,000, but most people missed the ride.
- In the latest gender discrimination suit to plague Wall Street, two former Goldman Sachs employees have asked for a class action, accusing the firm of mocking women. Goldman 'boys club' accused of mocking women as 'bimbos' and 'party girls'
- JPMorgan Chase chief Jamie Dimon said he'll start treatment for throat cancer, raising new questions about succession plans at the biggest U.S. bank. JPMorgan investors show support for Dimon in cancer fight
- Online retirement calculators can account for inflation, taxes and potential economic factors, but they leave out one big question mark. Online retirement calculators don't calculate this
- After pleading guilty to processing almost $9 billion in banned transactions for countries including Iran, BNP Paribas SA is asking the Labor Department to let it continue to manage U.S. pension plan assets BNP seeks approval to continue U.S. pension business.
- Increasing purchasing power of the average consumer in Nigeria has some investors looking past the violence in the northern portion of the country and piling into consumer-focused stocks. Nigerian's changing diet unveils a market of $170M.
Investment Insights: The Blogblog
Jeff Benjamin breaks down the game for advisers and clients.
Most investors missed the Dow's early fireworks
Plus notes on the latest gender suit to plague Wall Street, Dimon's health scare, and what retirement calculators miss
Jul 2, 2014 @ 8:33 am
Recommended for you
When the markets decline or are volatile, it is an opportunity to put a few retirement savings strategies to work, according to Ed Slott, founder of Ed Slott's Elite IRA Advisor Group.
Sponsored by Prudential
Latest news & opinion
ICI, Chamber of Commerce among groups asking for delay, while Democratic lawmakers call on DOL to keep to its earlier planned schedule of Jan. 1, 2018.
Having just stepped into the role, this veteran of the firm now oversees $3.8 trillion in assets in more than 300 mutual funds and exchange-traded funds.
They seek to turn knowing more about clients into growing more revenue.
Longer lifespans and lower savings require creative income strategies.
Sean Spicer resigns as press secretary after Anthony Scaramucci is appointed communications director
Scaramucci is known as an ardent foe of the DOL fiduciary rule, having said during the campaign that Trump would repeal it .