- U.S. job growth accelerated in June, pushing the unemployment rate to a six-year low of 6.1%.U.S. job growth surges, unemployment rate falls to 6.1 percent.
- U.S. Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen resisted pressure to raise interest rates in a speech Wednesday despite "pockets of increased risk-taking" in the financial system. Yellen says financial instability shouldn't prompt rate change.
- The European Central Bank is also leaving interest rates in tact, a month after a radical step that created a negative interest rate for deposits held there. E.C.B. holds interest rates steady
- A lot of people missed the returns of core bond holdings by choosing shorter duration funds, argues adviser and index-investing proponent Rick Ferri. The risk of short-term bond funds
- Fidelity Investments is closing off mutual fund investments to overseas brokerage clients after July 31. The Boston-based company cited only "an evolving global regulatory environment" but comes after U.S. government crackdowns on tax evasion. Fidelity closes mutual funds off to foreign brokerage clients.
- After a European court ruling which allows people the "right to be forgotten," a 2007 story about the ouster of former Merrill Lynch CEO E. Stanley O'Neal was removed from Google searches. Ex-Merrill Lynch CEO story excised from Google search.
- Americans are paying $1.4 billion every day this week for gasoline as they make trips to celebrate Independence Day. Declining gasoline prices still costing Americans $1.4 billion every day during this holiday week celebrating independence.
Investment Insights: The Blogblog
Jeff Benjamin breaks down the game for advisers and clients.
Job growth accelerates, pushing unemployment rate to a six-year low
Plus notes on interest rate decisions, investors missing returns on core bond funds, and much more.
Jul 3, 2014 @ 9:14 am
Latest from InvestmentNews
Paul Neuner, Kevin McFarland, Dominic Repetti, Neelab Naibkhyl, Timothy Cronin, Damon DeLillo, Michael RozovicsJul 25 - Joining: Raymond James
- Jul 18 - Joining: Bolton Global Capital
- Jul 18 - Joining: Snowden Lane Partners