- When stocks and pessimism rise as one it is time to start applying the dreaded 'bubble' word. Bizarro market
- Get used to an extremely accommodative Fed policy from a chairwoman who believes 'we can help to make the world a better place.' The economy is still facing headwinds
- Ernst & Young settles lobbying suit for a cool $4 million. 'We regret these instances that arose many years ago'
- The dirty details on how Citigroup's big settlement landed at $7 billion. A brisk email exchange and bad negotiating skills. The government wanted $12 billion, plus 'consumer relief'
- Turns out the Fed's quantitative easing experiment had almost no impact on unemployment. But thanks for creating $5 trillion worth of new money. QE experiment trims unemployment by a scant 0.13%
Investment Insights: The Blogblog
Jeff Benjamin breaks down the game for advisers and clients.
Markets climb in stride with pessimism
Plus: Janet Yellen's dovish optimism, Ernst & Young's $4 million lobbying settlement, how Citigroup agreed on that $7 billion figure, and QE has had almost no impact on unemployment
Recommended for you
Sponsored financial news
When your practice reaches a certain inflection point, technology becomes even more critical. What do you need to take you and your practice to the next level?
Latest news & opinion
The state attorneys general and AARP are asking for the full 5th Circuit Court of Appeals to rehear the case.
An increase in market volatility, higher interest rates and dissipating anxiety around the Labor Department's fiduciary rule are improving the product outlook.
These independent broker-dealers saw the biggest percentage gains in their revenue in 2017.
Athletes and entertainers are just like everyone else — aside from complex tax issues, a lack of financial savvy and a need for prenups
These independent broker dealers generated the most revenues in 2017.