- Even after its best quarterly performance in nearly 30 years, the gold trade continues to look bright. “There's still some upside scope to go.”
- Citigroup lays out the limits of robo-advice. The competition is real, but the robos will not replace human advisers.
- The New York pension fund that's investing $7 million in Ireland's businesses. “Northern Ireland is on the move.”
- Your tax dollars at work. The U.S. State Department has issued a special warning for unattractive people. The latest example of why bureaucrats shouldn't try to be clever.
- Happy April Fool's Day. There's nothing in your coffee, honest.
Investment Insights: The Blogblog
Jeff Benjamin breaks down the game for advisers and clients.
Gold's best quarter in decades bodes well for the commodity
Plus: Citi puts robos in their place, NY pension fund puts $7M into Ireland, your tax dollars at work, and happy April Fool's Day
Recommended for you
Advisers are hungry to find new alternative investment opportunities. But Rupal Bhansali of Ariel Investments says the secret weapon could be right under your nose - in cash.
Sponsored by Prudential
Latest news & opinion
The illiquid product's three-year decline is partially due to new regulations and poor performance.
Schwab reports new accounts up 50% from last year, assets up 33%.
The industry is on track to raise just $4.4 billion, well off the $19.6 billion it raised just four years ago, as new regulations hinder sales.
New research finds advisers whose firms have joined the agreement take better care of customers.
Introducing 20 female financial advisers and industry executives who are distinguished leaders, advancing the business of providing advice through their creativity and hard work.