- On Day 2 as president-elect, the Donald Trump transition team is already talking about tearing apart Dodd-Frank. This will not sit well with Elizabeth Warren.
- With Donald Trump at the helm some ETFs will stand out in the crowd. GLD, IGF, RSX, IBB, SLX
- Barred adviser Dawn Bennett has found herself in more hot water. Finra claims Bennett may have used money raised for her clothing business for personal gain.
- It is almost laughable how badly the media was blindsided by the election of Donald Trump. Maybe it's time to get back to some basics of the Fourth Estate. Remember your job, and do it.
- A tradition that veterans and non-vets alike should be proud of. Businesses step it up today and give back to our military veterans. Thanks for your service!
Investment Insights: The Blogblog
Jeff Benjamin breaks down the game for advisers and clients.
Donald Trump's transition team says scrapping Dodd-Frank is job one
Plus: Five ETFs to help you prosper under the Trump administration, Dawn Bennett lands in more hot water, sending the media back to journalism school, and Happy Veterans Day
Recommended for you
Social media is a reflection of who you are. But who are you as a financial adviser? Debra Bednar-Clark of DB+co offers some solutions to enhance your practice.
Latest news & opinion
With equities at record levels, financial advisers are confronted with realities of greed and fear.
SEC, Finra targeting high-fee share classes, 12b-1 fees and failure to give sales load discounts and waivers to investors.
Taxpayers will be able to deduct state income taxes or state sales taxes in addition to property levies — up to a $10,000 cap.
Insurers are using 'hybrid' indices as a way to differentiate themselves, but critics contend the products are less transparent, more confusing and don't add financial benefit.
They say rule didn't go far enough and more stringent measures may be necessary.