Vice President, AIC Retail Sales Manager
Posted: November 20, 2012
Title of supervisor to this position: SVP
Titles of those reporting directly to this position: AIC Sales Assistant; Financial Consultant AIC; Investment Executive; VP AIC
Recruiting and Training; Office Coordination – 40%
• Select, train, and coach members of the Retail Sales Assistant team, and brokers. Provide direction and leadership to this group.
• Responsible for recruiting 2-3 brokers per year
• Responsible for team performance regarding customer assistance in all areas.
• Select, coach and provide leadership to direct reports to assist in developing their professional skills. This includes performance planning of direct reports, and setting direction and strategy for training new associates.
• Ensure that Sales Assistants properly handle recommendation and selling of securities, where appropriate.
• Manage all Brokers and Sales Associates
• Responsible for expense forecast and control. This includes monitoring the appropriate budgets, reporting, and forecasting expense needs.
• Supervise business conservation and client service activities. Ensure proper procedures in the preparation, submittal and follow-up of all securities sales.
• Develop and provide reports to management to assist in monitoring goals and objectives
Sales Development / Market Development - 40%
• Oversee the management the AIC Retail Groups
• Develop Sales and Market strategy for department
• Ensure all associates follow the general principles of business
• Develop and deliver best practices in training with basic and advanced sales platforms. Sales Training includes Basic Core Training (Achieve Global Courses, product and competitive processes); Intermediate training includes Financials, PPO Disruption, and advanced underwriting; and Advanced Training includes integrating field sales leaders into direct and joint sales strategies, role plays, national accounts, major brokerage houses/consultant development, plus other training platforms necessary to assure maximum results from our sales organization and strategic partners.
• Build training programs that support future field management development.
Compliance / Oversee Sales Business – 20%
• Ensure proper processes for account set up, maintenance and completion.
• Authority to negotiate and waive transaction fees and related issues
• Responsible for associate development related to succession planning for this position.
• Leads other projects as directed.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
• 4 year college degree preferred, ideally in Finance/Accounting/Economics, or equivalent experience required.
• NASD Series 7 and 63 securities license required or obtained within 12 months.
• At least 5 years management experience and 10 years sales experience required.
• The incumbent should be proficient in personal computer programs, preferably with experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Fax Press, NetXpro, Pershing, Caesar, Internet Explorer, and Lotus Notes.
• Effective written and oral communications skills needed.
• Friendly outgoing personality
• Honest, Trustworthy, High Integrity
• Ability to Build Relationships.
• Service Minded
Working Conditions: Office environment. Flexible schedule required.
1. Go to http://www.ameritas.com/
2. Click on "Careers"
3. Click on "Current Openings" in the right column of the screen
4. Click "Login"
5. From the next screen you can login to create a profile and apply for the position
Questions: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions: Please contact: email@example.com
To place your recruitment or general classified ad in the InvestmentNews Career Connection section, contact Mary Meagher at (212) 210-0115 or firstname.lastname@example.org.