Senior Vice President, AIC Capital Markets
Lincoln , NE
Title of supervisor to this position: President & CEO, AIC
Titles of those reporting directly to this position: SVP-Public Finance; VP–Retail Sales; VP-Sales & Administration; VP–Fixed Income Trading
• Responsible for oversight of municipal underwriting deals (200+ annually). This requires:
o Deep knowledge of local and regional capital markets
o Extensive knowledge and understanding of the national economy and national capital markets
o Ensuring appropriate rates for issuers in bond deals and competitive rates for the investors
o Knowledge of interest rates, credit worthiness, multiple categories of capital market securities and non-securities instruments, including their credit rating schemes, primary and secondary market trading of such instruments, with specific emphasis in general obligation bonds, revenue bonds, tax anticipation notes, bond anticipation notes, construction notes, refunding bonds, lease/purchase obligations, zero coupon municipals, insured municipals, and sanitary improvement districts
o Ensuring the settlement of bond deals
o Ensuring accurate books and records relative to federal securities laws and state laws requirements
• Responsible for managing the potential impact on any given underwriting deal, position, or trading activity. This requires:
o Ensuring credit worthiness of issuers
o Ensuring full and in-depth understanding of capital market instruments including municipal bonds, notes, warrants, structured/alternative products, brokerage cd’s, bank cd’s, fed funds, commercial paper, US Treasury bills, notes, and bonds; US Treasury Strips (zero coupon bonds); Government Agencies; Corporate Notes and Bonds, Asset Backed Securities; Mortgage Backed Securities;
o General understanding of financial futures and the interest rate swap market,
o Ensuring oversight of non-trading activities including inventory positions and firm inventory investments
• Responsible for oversight of all recruiting and associate development actions. This includes:
o Responsibility for annual recruiting goals and implementation
o Responsibility for team performance regarding customer assistance in all areas.
o Selecting, coaching and providing leadership to direct reports to assist in developing their professional skills. This includes performance planning of direct reports, and setting direction and strategy for training new associates.
o Maintaining and enhancing oversight and supervision of brokers and sales associates activities.
o Responsibility for expense forecast and control. This includes monitoring the appropriate budgets, reporting, and forecasting expense needs.
o Supervising business conservation and client service activities. Ensure proper procedures in the preparation, submittal and follow-up of all securities sales.
o Developing and providing reports to management to assist in monitoring goals and objectives
• Responsible for sales development and market development. This requires:
o Oversight of the management the AIC Retail Groups
o Developing Sales and Market strategy for all departments
o Ensuring all associates follow the general principles of business
• Additional responsibilities include:
o Education and Licensing – Ensuring appropriate training and education for bankers, underwriters and brokers
o Committee oversight – Responsible member of the SID Committee
o Oversight of sanitary improvement district warrant business
o Developing and maintaining important client relationships for ongoing business development.
o Authority to negotiate and waive transaction fees or other business impact items
• Responsible for associate development related to succession planning for this position.
• Leads other projects as directed.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
• 4 year college degree required, ideally in Finance/Accounting/Economics, or equivalent experience required.
• NASD Series 7 and 63 securities license required or obtained within 12 months.
• At least 10 years management experience and 15 years sales and income trading experience required.
• Expert knowledge in municipal bond market
• The incumbent should be proficient in personal computer programs, preferably with experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Fax Press, NetXpro, Pershing, Caesar, Internet Explorer, and Lotus Notes.
• Effective written and oral communications skills needed.
• Demonstrated ability to Build Relationships and develop business opportunities.
Working Conditions: Office environment. Flexible schedule required. Frequent travel between Lincoln and Omaha office locations.
1. Go to http://www.ameritas.com/
2. Click on "Careers"
3. Click on "Current Openings" in the right column of the screen
4. Click "Login"
5. From the next screen you can login to create a profile and apply for the position
Questions: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions: Please contact: email@example.com
To place your recruitment or general classified ad in the InvestmentNews Career Connection section, contact Ayana Reid at (212) 210-0774 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ranked by pre-tax earnings
Top 5 Firms
Mary Beth Franklin, InvestmentNews