Regulation aside, the advice business enters the New Year on the threshold of intense change. Several trends are emerging, including an uptick in advisers exiting the business and looking for viable succession plans, more advisers seeking acquisitions to offset tightening revenues and greater compliance requirements. The industry is also anticipating an ever-greater emphasis on fee-based practices, with all the changes in affiliation and business models that such a shift may entail.
* Accepted for 1 CE Credit from the CFP Board. Pending by IMCA for 1 CIMA®/CIMC®/CPWA® CE credit. Approved for 1 CFA Credit.
Date: Tuesday, December 6, 2016
Time: 4-5 PM ET
This exclusive webcast will provide insight into the challenges and opportunities these changes will bring. Specifically, our expert participants will discuss:
- The impact of new regulation on revenues
- How to determine if this is the right time for you to change firms, sell your business or buy a business
- Determining the key components of practice valuation beyond assets under management
- Setting realistic transition timelines
- Protecting your clients' interests and retaining their assets during a transition
Attendees may submit questions before and during the live event. A free and invaluable resource.
Continuing Education Credits: For all webcasts approved for CE credit by the CFP Board, credit will be reported one week after the live event. For on-demand viewers, CE credit will be reported 30 days after the live event. After 30 days, webcasts are available until December 31 in the calendar year for on-demand viewing and are not eligible for CE credit.
For all webcasts approved by IMCA for CIMA®/CIMC®/CPWA® CE credits, email firstname.lastname@example.org for the IMCA program ID to self-report for CE credit. Program IDs will be provided up to 30 days after the live event. After 30 days, webcasts are available until December 31 in the calendar year for on-demand viewing and are not eligible for CE credit.