There is a myth that active investment managers cannot outperform their benchmarks. But the death of active investing has been greatly exaggerated.
The economic climate in the past eight years has generally been conducive for U.S. market-cap weighted passive strategies. But if you look at all 28 of the asset class categories Morningstar tracks, the majority of active managers in 14 of those categories beat their indices over that time period.
* Accepted for 1 CE Credit from the CFP Board. Approved by IMCA for 1 CIMA®/CIMC®/CPWA® CE credit. Approved for 1 CFA Credit.
Date: Tuesday, May 23, 2017
Time: 4-5 PM ET
In this live, interactive webcast InvestmentNews and OppenheimerFunds will debunk some common investment myths and misconceptions. Advisers will learn:
- The outperformance of U.S. large cap passive strategies may have been driven by the highly unique economic climate of the past eight years.
- Far from being dead, active management still has a compelling long-term story.
- Taking a close look under the hood of any ETF under consideration is essential.
- For U.S. investors who have had a home bias, there are international sectors they may no longer be able to afford to ignore.
Attendees may submit questions before and during the live event. This free session could prove to be an invaluable resource for you in ways that could deliver direct benefits for your clients and prospects.
Continuing Education Credits: For all webcasts approved for CE credit by the CFP Board, credit will be reported one week after the live event. For on-demand viewers, CE credit will be reported 30 days after the live event. After 30 days, webcasts are available until December 31 in the calendar year for on-demand viewing and are not eligible for CE credit.
For all webcasts approved by IMCA for CIMA®/CIMC®/CPWA® CE credits, email firstname.lastname@example.org for the IMCA program ID to self-report for CE credit. Program IDs will be provided up to 30 days after the live event. After 30 days, webcasts are available until December 31 in the calendar year for on-demand viewing and are not eligible for CE credit.