The alternative investments advisers use most
7. Private equity: 13.6%*
*Percentage of advisers surveyed by InvestmentNews that indicated they use this alternative investment in constructing retirement income portfolios for their clients. The survey was conducted in April 2011 and advisers could choose more than one form of alternative investment. There were 404 advisers who responded to this question. To download an expanded version of the InvestmentNews Retirement Income Survey, click here.
- SEC charges San Diego-based investment adviser with fraud
- Pressure mounts on advisers to lower fees
- Finra sends expungement rule to SEC; plaintiff's lawyer says won't have an impact
- To Roth (IRA) or not to Roth, that is the question
- Ketchum calls controversial automatic data collection key to catching rogue brokers