Retirement timeline for Boomers
Age 70 ½
After all those years of tax-deferred retirement savings, Uncle Sam wants his cut. You must start taking annual minimum distributions from your IRA and other retirement accounts (except Roths) based on your life expectancy. If you don’t, you’ll owe a 50% penalty on any amount you fail to withdraw.
- SEC charges San Diego-based investment adviser with fraud
- Pressure mounts on advisers to lower fees
- Finra sends expungement rule to SEC; plaintiff's lawyer says won't have an impact
- To Roth (IRA) or not to Roth, that is the question
- Ketchum calls controversial automatic data collection key to catching rogue brokers