Retirement timeline for Boomers
Age 70 ½
After all those years of tax-deferred retirement savings, Uncle Sam wants his cut. You must start taking annual minimum distributions from your IRA and other retirement accounts (except Roths) based on your life expectancy. If you don’t, you’ll owe a 50% penalty on any amount you fail to withdraw.
- The 10 fastest-growing independent broker-dealers
- Finra approves background checks for brokers
- Fee disclosures vary widely; report raises questions over charges and markups
- Schwab pays $500,000 to settle Finra dispute over class action waivers
- Brokerages toss around ideas about salary for Next Gen advisers