The Power 20
President of the United States
Because of the looming fiscal cliff, rarely has the outlook for advisers and their clients depended so heavily on the country's chief executive. The fiscal cliff is looming, but Mr. Obama, 51, has said that the 'Grand Bargain' must include tax rate hikes for individuals making more than $200,000 a year.
To read Andrew Osterland's full profile of President Obama, click here.
- Does Vanguard pose a threat to advisers?
- Cybersecurity gets the SEC's attention as agency plans to query advisers on safeguards
- Under Finra proposal, brokerages will be forced to conduct background checks on new brokers
- Average retiree health costs could overtake Social Security benefits
- After big TIAA-CREF-Nuveen deal, boomlet predicted in fund manager mergers