The Power 20
Wade D. Pfau
Teacher, The American College
An incoming teacher at The American College next spring, Wade D. Pfau, 35, is a firm believer in two major schools of retirement income thought. One involves the study of the optimal withdrawal rate and the appropriate allocation based on historical returns. The other is the “safety first” philosophy, which concentrates more on shielding investors from market volatility and taking defensive measures to ensure that basic retirement needs are met.
To read Darla Mercado's full profile of Mr. Pfau, click here.
- The 10 fastest-growing independent broker-dealers
- Finra approves background checks for brokers
- Fee disclosures vary widely; report raises questions over charges and markups
- Schwab pays $500,000 to settle Finra dispute over class action waivers
- Brokerages toss around ideas about salary for Next Gen advisers