Worst business predictions ever
Associates of David Sarnoff, responding to The General's request for investment in the radio in 1921, responded with: 'The wireless music box has no imaginable commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to no one in particular?' Sarnoff went on to found the Radio Corporation of America (RCA) and NBC. The name of the dog on the RCA Victor logo was Nipper, and he was owned by Mark Henry Barraud. The pit bull got that name because he liked to bite the back of guests' legs. Neighbors say Barraud was puzzled as to why he received so few visitors.
- SEC charges San Diego-based investment adviser with fraud
- Pressure mounts on advisers to lower fees
- Finra sends expungement rule to SEC; plaintiff's lawyer says won't have an impact
- To Roth (IRA) or not to Roth, that is the question
- Ketchum calls controversial automatic data collection key to catching rogue brokers