7 immediate tax hits of the cliff
No fix for Alternative Minimum Tax
Suddenly a lot more clients will be stressing over the tax-management rigors of the AMT.
Without Congress’ annual adjustment to the AMT, this special tax on the wealthy will start applying to nearly 30 million new households, including some with incomes of just $45,000. For perspective, only 4 million households were subject to AMT in 2011.
(Story: Jeff Benjamin)
- 8 Heartbleed responses from financial firms
- Cybersecurity gets the SEC's attention as agency plans to query advisers on safeguards
- Brokerage industry sounds off about Finra broker compensation proposal
- Four top executives of private-placement syndicator DBSI head to jail for fraud
- SEC eyes new stock trade disclosure requirements