Hard lessons learned by 7 financial experts
Consumer finance expert on radio and TV.
Bought into an apartment complex in Miami in 1985 to take advantage of tax laws that provided $2 in tax benefits for every $1 the investment lost.
Tax laws changed in 1986 and he was hit with a massive tax bill known as a recapture.
“I learned not to make investments just for tax reasons.”
(Source: Consumer Reports,)
- 8 Heartbleed responses from financial firms
- Four top executives of private-placement syndicator DBSI head to jail for fraud
- Average retiree health costs could overtake Social Security benefits
- Cybersecurity gets the SEC's attention as agency plans to query advisers on safeguards
- Brokerage industry sounds off about Finra broker compensation proposal