12 events that shook the B-D biz in 2012
AIG announces that it has completed the purchase of IBD Woodbury Financial Services from The Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. With the addition of Woodbury's 1,400 advisers and $25 billion in assets under management, AIG's Advisor Group of IBDs now has more than 6,000 independent reps and $125 billion in AUM.
- Does Vanguard pose a threat to advisers?
- Cybersecurity gets the SEC's attention as agency plans to query advisers on safeguards
- Under Finra proposal, brokerages will be forced to conduct background checks on new brokers
- Average retiree health costs could overtake Social Security benefits
- After big TIAA-CREF-Nuveen deal, boomlet predicted in fund manager mergers