12 events that shook the B-D biz in 2012
Western & Southern Financial Group announces the sale of the assets of its independent broker-dealer, Capital Analysts Inc., to Lincoln Investment Planning Inc. Capital Analysts had about 280 affiliated registered representatives who produced close to $61 million in gross revenue in 2011, while Lincoln's 700 reps produced $106 million. With gross revenue of $167 million, the combined firm becomes one of the 30 largest independent broker-dealers.
- SEC charges San Diego-based investment adviser with fraud
- Pressure mounts on advisers to lower fees
- Ketchum calls controversial automatic data collection key to catching rogue brokers
- REITS continue to be hot as first quarter flows top $4B
- Online rivals Betterment, LearnVest rake in $60 million of venture funding