12 events that shook the B-D biz in 2012
Raymond James Financial Inc. completes the acquisition of Morgan Keegan & Co. Inc. from Regions Financial Corp. The combined firm comprises about 6,500 financial advisers globally, with total client assets of about $372 billion. John Carson, former chief executive of Morgan Keegan, becomes president of Raymond James and serves on its executive committee.
- Does Vanguard pose a threat to advisers?
- Cybersecurity gets the SEC's attention as agency plans to query advisers on safeguards
- Under Finra proposal, brokerages will be forced to conduct background checks on new brokers
- Average retiree health costs could overtake Social Security benefits
- After big TIAA-CREF-Nuveen deal, boomlet predicted in fund manager mergers