12 events that shook the B-D biz in 2012
LPL Financial LLC says it is reassigning its president, Esther Stearns, to head a new subsidiary and replacing her with chief financial officer Robert Moore. The new firm, initially called LPL New Venture, is focused on registered reps and financial advisers new to the industry and is dedicated to serving clients in the mass market. It was renamed NestWise.
- 8 Heartbleed responses from financial firms
- Four top executives of private-placement syndicator DBSI head to jail for fraud
- Average retiree health costs could overtake Social Security benefits
- Cybersecurity gets the SEC's attention as agency plans to query advisers on safeguards
- Brokerage industry sounds off about Finra broker compensation proposal