12 events that shook the B-D biz in 2012
The Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. files a federal lawsuit alleging that three former senior executives of its IBD, Woodbury Financial Services Inc., lifted confidential information and took it to another broker-dealer. According to the complaint, the three former regional vice presidents, who oversaw a total of 188 registered reps, left Woodbury in late July, four months after The Hartford announced it was selling the firm. They went to Questar Capital Corp., an IBD owned by Allianz Life Insurance Co. of North America.
- The 10 fastest-growing independent broker-dealers
- Finra approves background checks for brokers
- Fee disclosures vary widely; report raises questions over charges and markups
- Schwab pays $500,000 to settle Finra dispute over class action waivers
- Brokerages toss around ideas about salary for Next Gen advisers