12 events that shook the B-D biz in 2012
Cetera Financial Group says it is uniting its four broker-dealers — three of which formerly were owned by ING Groep NV — under a common brand but insists that the renamed firms will remain distinct and autonomous. Financial Network Investment Corp. will be renamed Cetera Advisor Networks, Multi-Financial Securities Corp. will become Cetera Advisors, PrimeVest Financial Services Inc. will be renamed Cetera Financial Institutions and Genworth Financial Investment Services will become Cetera Financial Specialists.
- 8 Heartbleed responses from financial firms
- Four top executives of private-placement syndicator DBSI head to jail for fraud
- Average retiree health costs could overtake Social Security benefits
- Cybersecurity gets the SEC's attention as agency plans to query advisers on safeguards
- Brokerage industry sounds off about Finra broker compensation proposal