12 events that shook the B-D biz in 2012
Cetera Financial Group says it is uniting its four broker-dealers — three of which formerly were owned by ING Groep NV — under a common brand but insists that the renamed firms will remain distinct and autonomous. Financial Network Investment Corp. will be renamed Cetera Advisor Networks, Multi-Financial Securities Corp. will become Cetera Advisors, PrimeVest Financial Services Inc. will be renamed Cetera Financial Institutions and Genworth Financial Investment Services will become Cetera Financial Specialists.
- The 10 fastest-growing independent broker-dealers
- Finra approves background checks for brokers
- Fee disclosures vary widely; report raises questions over charges and markups
- Schwab pays $500,000 to settle Finra dispute over class action waivers
- Brokerages toss around ideas about salary for Next Gen advisers