8 industry phrases advisers should lose
8. This is awfully long for just a phase
"Accumulation phase” tends to be a favorite of advisers. It's less popular with clients, who generally refer to it as 'work.' Too simple? Try saying “saving and investment for retirement.” And rather than watching as clients' eyes glaze over, nix “distribution phase” while you're at it. The much simpler “living off your savings and investments in retirement" works just fine.
- Does Vanguard pose a threat to advisers?
- Cybersecurity gets the SEC's attention as agency plans to query advisers on safeguards
- Under Finra proposal, brokerages will be forced to conduct background checks on new brokers
- Average retiree health costs could overtake Social Security benefits
- After big TIAA-CREF-Nuveen deal, boomlet predicted in fund manager mergers