Oscar nominees who went bust
Best Actor in a Leading Role (1964)
Best Actor in a Leading Role (1990)
This Sporting Life
Win or lose?
Lost (Sidney Poitier, 'Lillies of the Field')
Lost (Jeremy Irons, 'Reversal of Fortune')
Credits and creditors
The irascible Harris was a real throwback: a hard-living, hell-raising actor famous for his drinking bouts and electric on-screen performances. But in his early student days in London, Harris rented the tiny Irving Theatre and directed his own production of Clifford Odets' play 'Winter Journey.' While the show was a critical success, it bombed at the box office, and Harris lost everything he had. He ended up temporarily homeless, living in a coal cellar. Harris, who once made a blazer out of female conquest's bed spread, eventually rebounded, and went on to appear in hundreds of movies. In later years, Harris appeared in such hits as 'Unforgiven,' 'Gladiator' and 'Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.'
- SEC charges San Diego-based investment adviser with fraud
- Pressure mounts on advisers to lower fees
- Finra sends expungement rule to SEC; plaintiff's lawyer says won't have an impact
- To Roth (IRA) or not to Roth, that is the question
- Ketchum calls controversial automatic data collection key to catching rogue brokers