Retirement checklist for Boomers
Is your 401(k) OK?
You’ve spent all of your working years contributing to your 401(k). Now it’s time to start reaping the benefits of your savings. But unlike previous generations, this money is not guaranteed in the form of a pension that pays out every month for the rest of your life. YOU are responsible for making that money last. Your financial adviser can help you determine the best way to tap your savings so you don’t run out of money before you run out of time whether it involves drawing down a set percentage of your nest egg each year or using a guaranteed income product to cover anticipated expenses.
- 8 Heartbleed responses from financial firms
- Four top executives of private-placement syndicator DBSI head to jail for fraud
- Average retiree health costs could overtake Social Security benefits
- Cybersecurity gets the SEC's attention as agency plans to query advisers on safeguards
- Brokerage industry sounds off about Finra broker compensation proposal