Retirement checklist for Boomers
How will inflation affect your nest egg?
For the last 20 years, inflation has been running at less than 3% per year. But that’s no guarantee that it won’t spike in the future. And even a moderate 3% inflation rate means prices will double in roughly 20 years. Keeping some assets invested for growth or purchasing an annuity with an annual inflation adjustment can help maintain your buying power throughout your retirement years.
- Does Vanguard pose a threat to advisers?
- Cybersecurity gets the SEC's attention as agency plans to query advisers on safeguards
- Under Finra proposal, brokerages will be forced to conduct background checks on new brokers
- Average retiree health costs could overtake Social Security benefits
- After big TIAA-CREF-Nuveen deal, boomlet predicted in fund manager mergers