Retirement checklist for Boomers
Can you streamline retirement accounts?
If possible, you should try to consolidate any retirement accounts, such as 401(k)s and IRAs, to simplify your record keeping and streamline your Required Minimum Distributions (RMDs) that must begin once you reach age 70 ˝. Designing a strategy to tap your savings so they last a lifetime is the most challenging part of retirement planning. A good financial adviser can make all the difference.
- SEC charges San Diego-based investment adviser with fraud
- Pressure mounts on advisers to lower fees
- Ketchum calls controversial automatic data collection key to catching rogue brokers
- REITS continue to be hot as first quarter flows top $4B
- Online rivals Betterment, LearnVest rake in $60 million of venture funding