Baseball and mutual funds; Underrated/overrated stats
Mutual funds and baseball both generate reams of statistics. With the baseball season beginning in earnest this week, Paul Jacobs, chief investment officer of Palisades Hudson Financial Group, takes a closer look at which statistics and factors in both fields may help you pick winners and which are mostly noise.
(Story by Paul Jacobs, CFP®, who works in Palisades Hudson’s Atlanta office. Palisades is a fee-only financial planning firm and investment advisor headquartered in Scarsdale, N.Y., with more than $1 billion under management.)
- Does Vanguard pose a threat to advisers?
- Cybersecurity gets the SEC's attention as agency plans to query advisers on safeguards
- Under Finra proposal, brokerages will be forced to conduct background checks on new brokers
- Average retiree health costs could overtake Social Security benefits
- After big TIAA-CREF-Nuveen deal, boomlet predicted in fund manager mergers