8 largest fines of the mutual fund scandal
Invesco Funds Group Inc.: $325 million
On Oct. 8, 2004, Invesco Funds Group Inc. agreed to pay $215 million in disgorgement and $110 in civil penalties in response to an SEC enforcement action. AIM Advisors Inc. and AIM Distributors Inc., which were also involved in SEC actions, agreed to pay, jointly and severally, $20 million in disgorgement and an aggregate $30 million in civil penalties.
- Consumer, investment adviser groups push lawmakers to support bill to boost adviser exams
- Adapt or die: 5 ways advisers must embrace change
- Bogle: Apply fiduciary duty to anyone 'touching other people's money'
- Schwab to give unhappy clients a fee refund
- Will older advisers pay more than younger colleagues for health care coverage?