8 top-notch elevator pitches
At the ready
When casual conversations ultimately turn to “What do you do for a living?” advisers had better have a quick and descriptive spiel at hand — or risk losing a potential prospect.
Reporter Liz Skinner asked seasoned and newer advisers to share their “elevator pitches” and found that most highlight a client-first approach focused on delivering the financial goals that can yield a better life.
- Does Vanguard pose a threat to advisers?
- Cybersecurity gets the SEC's attention as agency plans to query advisers on safeguards
- Under Finra proposal, brokerages will be forced to conduct background checks on new brokers
- Average retiree health costs could overtake Social Security benefits
- After big TIAA-CREF-Nuveen deal, boomlet predicted in fund manager mergers