10 reasons to consider decanting an irrevocable trust
7. Combining multiple trusts.
Over the years, clients may set up different trusts with different law firms. It might make sense to merge them if there are too many, Mr. Oshins noted. If the trusts are too different from each other, they can be combined by decanting one trust into the other or by decanting a group of trusts into a newly formed trust, he added.
- Does Vanguard pose a threat to advisers?
- Cybersecurity gets the SEC's attention as agency plans to query advisers on safeguards
- Under Finra proposal, brokerages will be forced to conduct background checks on new brokers
- Average retiree health costs could overtake Social Security benefits
- After big TIAA-CREF-Nuveen deal, boomlet predicted in fund manager mergers